The recommendation from health organizations is that we self-quarantine to protect ourselves and others from the spread of coronavirus. How can we keep from going stir crazy and make the best of the situation?
Take a positive approach, think of all the times you have said, “I wish I had the time to,” now you have the time.
Here are some ideas to ward off boredom at home.
- Learn a foreign language, our best excuse for not speaking fluent Spanish is lack of time. Now is the time to log in to an online course or study the books you have from your last language course.
- Perfect your downward dog, workout to an online or Youtube yoga class. Set up a fitness routine to ward off stress and depression.
- Foster a dog or cat from a local rescue, rescues are always desperate for foster homes. With the current situation, foreigners are returning home, resulting in more abandoned animals and fewer donations.
- Spring cleaning, empty your closet, and make a donation bag of clothes. If you don’t love it, lose it.
- Make all those recipes you have been collecting on Pinterest.
- Skype with family and friends back home, we usually get caught up in work life and do not take the time to connect with the people that matter most.
- Is there a dusty guitar sitting in the corner of the room? Take this time to practice an instrument.
- Get in touch with your creative side; paint, draw, sew, woodwork, or write.
- Adult coloring books – Unplug from technology and color. Did you know that coloring reduces stress and anxiety?
- Do not procrastinate any longer do your income tax online, maybe you will receive a much-needed refund.
- Support local restaurants by ordering delicious home delivery.
- Make a list of the places you want to go and things you want to do when the quarantine is over. We take freedom for granted and forget to make the most of it while we can.
- Take an online course, is there something you always wanted to learn but never had the time?
- Relax and read those books on the shelf; it is not often we have uninterrupted time on our hands.
- Do any home repairs that do not require a trip to the hardware store.
- Declutter and reorganize the whole house.
- Sleep in! Most of us fantasize about sleeping in; now is the time to get that beauty rest.
- During this health crisis take the time to review your health insurance policy, many times we sign on the dotted line but have not thoroughly reviewed what we are buying.