When you bring your foreign-plated vehicle into Mexico, there are a few things you will need to do, and one of them should be making sure you have a correct auto insurance policy in place. With a vast number of options on the market, it can be a challenge to decide which company truly gives you the peace of mind you deserve, and we know that.
Guardian Insurance MX has expats and Mexicans on staff and we have served foreigners in Mexico for many years. All this allows us to identify the best options for our clients, so we only work with the largest and most reputable insurance companies on the market.
All foreign-plated auto insurance policies issued through our website are underwritten by BorderMex, subsidiary in the US of Quálitas, the largest auto insurance provider in Mexico, who has been rated the #1 Auto Insurance Provider in Mexico every year since 2008.
Compare our plans, prices, options, coverages and benefits, and choose the most suitable for your needs. If you want to learn more about the insurance company, click on the following link:
Was founded in 1993 and since then has risen to become the largest auto insurance provider in Mexico, being rated the #1 Auto Insurance Provider in Mexico every year from 2008 to 2017. Qualitas currently has 3.8 million vehicles insured throughout Mexico, representing 31.3% of the market. They have over 400 offices throughout Mexico. One of the reasons for their success in the auto insurance market is that they ONLY insure vehicles, whereas most other Mexican insurance providers offer health, life, home, boat and commercial insurance as well as auto insurance.
The subsidiary of Qualitas that insures foreign-plated (tourist) autos, has dual offices in Tijuana and San Diego, giving them, and the client, the best of both worlds. BorderMex is able to provide all documents in English, provide English claims assistance, and understand the needs and situations of foreigners taking their vehicle into Mexico, while also having a physical and legal presence in Mexico, to be able to provide clients the assistance they need, when they need it, by someone that is knowledgeable of the laws and regulations of the Mexican government, and the stipulations of the Mexican insurance industry.
- Coverage terms from 1 day to 1 year (set 6-month and 1-year terms are the most economical)
- Policies can become valid same-day
- Coverage available for motorcycles and RV’s
- Additional benefits of vandalism coverage and uninsured motorist deductible waiver come included standard on all Full Coverage policies (exclusive benefit)
- Reduced premiums for vehicles only traveling along the border
- Policy paperwork and claims assistance provided in English
- Deductibles are set values, rather than percentages of the claim amount or total vehicle value (daily policies have percentages of total vehicle value)
- Roadside assistance and legal assistance always included
- Full coverage for vehicles up to 15 years old, and basic coverage for vehicles more than 15 years old
- USA Coverage Extension (included in Full Coverage Plus Option): Extends the material damages and total theft coverages to the US (Liability coverage NOT extended)
To quote your policy in a matter of seconds, as well as purchase it online, click the button bellow, but before you do it keep in mind that if your device automatically blocks pop-ups, you will need to enable pop-ups in order to make the payment, which is the final step of issuing the policy.
- Mexican nationals, without citizenship or residency in a foreign country, are not eligible to be the contracting party on these policies.
- Foreigners with a valid MX driver’s license, and no valid foreign license, MUST send Guardian a copy of their MX license after purchasing the policy.
- If you will be towing anything (boat, trailer, camper, etc.) you need to contact Guardian directly to issue your policy. Towing coverage is not available through our website.
- If your vehicle is licensed and registered in a country other than the US or Canada you need to contact Guardian directly to issue your policy.
- Vehicle value is determined by the Kelley Blue Book value at the time of the claim.