Home Insurance

Home Insurance: Loss & Liability

When you purchase homeowners insurance, you need to be diligent to ensure your investment is protected. Whether you are buying home insurance for the first time or renewing a current policy, this is an excellent time to consider what you should look for in a homeowners insurance policy. Take the time to discuss home and contents insurance with your insurance broker.

Damage to the Property

Covers the material construction of the building and its dependencies, fences, bars, patios, fixed installations for water, sanitation and lighting services, swimming pools, attachments, ornaments, and furniture which are attached to the building.

Home Contents Insurance

Property owned by the insured such as furniture, fixtures, garments and personal clothing accessories, supplies, books, personal belongings, decorations, sports equipment, computers, TVs and other goods that belong to the household. Of course for a home insurance policy to be in effect the building must be secure, have a roof and walls and windows which protect against the elements and unauthorized persons. 

Risks Covered

Includes any losses or property damage caused directly to the property or contents provided it was unforeseen and accidental. Any risks excluded from the policy should be addressed in an additional policy.

Coverage by Express Agreement

Additional coverage would include:
  1. a) Hydrometeorological phenomena. May include; hurricanes, cyclones, thunderstorms, hailstorms, tornados, blizzards, heavy snowfall, avalanches, and flood coverage. 
  2. b) Earthquake and volcanic eruption. Any damage caused by an earthquake or volcano eruption.

Debris Removal

Covers expenses to remove the debris left from the previous incidents. Should include disassembly, demolition, cleaning or hauling.

Glass Damage 

Glass damage, whether accidental or due to vandalism should be included, provided the windows were installed correctly, the policy should also cover glass related to moon roofs, glass decks, doors, and mirrors.

Living Expenses

Covers expenses if you need to leave your property and stay in a hotel, as well as storage expenses for your belongings while your house is undergoing repairs.

Liability Claims

Protects you financially if you accidentally cause property damage or bodily injury to others on your property or elsewhere. Contact the experts at Guardian Insurance, we can customize your home insurance policy to suit your needs. https://guardianinsurancemx.com/contact-us/
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x